When baking, there are lots of baking pans and molders that you need to familiarize yourself with. This includes the silicone baking cups or silicone cupcake cups. If you love to bake the adorable and tasty cupcakes, you must know how to use silicone baking cups. Having good baking cups makes the baking sessions enjoyable and exciting. It also provides bakers with a lot of advantages, so if you are planning to get one for yourself, then get yourself a set of these cups.
It is convenient to bake when your pastries do not stick to your pan every time you remove them after cooking. So, bakers use non-stick baking pans. However, these non-stick pans cannot be used at high temperatures, or the coating will melt and mix to the food. So, silicone baking cups can be a good alternative.
Knowing how to use silicone baking cups provides you a great advantage in baking. It is heat resistant, and your pastries won’t stick to it.
Advantages in Using Silicone bakewares
Silicone can be harmful when you don’t choose the ones with good quality. Some silicones have filler which has a bad odor that may mix into the food. You can determine the fillers by pinching it. If there is a white substance that comes out from it, then it is definitely not of good quality.
Once you have chosen the good quality silicone baking cups, you will be able to enjoy these advantages.
- Silicone cups are lightweight and easy to clean. Silicones are lightweight. They are also soft, making it easy to handle. They are also non-stick, so it will be easy to clean them after use.
- It will not rust. Unlike metal, silicones can’t be rusty. Regardless of how many times you use them, you are sure it is safe for your food.
- Easy to Store. Since silicone is soft, they are easy to store because of its flexibility. They do not occupy too much space in your containers.
- All in one Container. You can bake and serve them after, without taking it from the silicone cups. You can also use it as a container of leftovers to store it in the fridge. It is like one container with many usages.
Maintaining the Silicon Cups
Once you understand how to use silicone baking cups, you should also learn how to maintain them to make them last longer.
Here are maintenance tips for you to remember:
- When you clean the silicone cups, make sure to wash it gently. Do not use a sharp or abrasive sponge as it may damage the surface of the silicon.
- Be careful not to cut in it.
- Never leave the silicone cups in a place under direct heat like under the burner.
- If you are using bigger silicone bakeware, place the baking sheet under it for stability.
Other ways on How to Use Silicone Baking Cups
- Lunchbox Organizer. If you have kids, giving them more than one container for their snacks at school can be an inconvenience for them. How about giving them one container and use the silicone cups to separate foods.
- Chocolate Cream Cups. Chocolates are irresistible, but forming melted chocolate as cups can be challenging. With this, you can use silicone baking cups. Simply coat the inside part of the silicone cups with melted chocolates and place them in the fridge. Once it is set, you can carefully peel the baking cups. Since the cups are soft, you can easily remove the formed chocolate cups without deforming them. You can then fill the chocolate cups with ice cream or mixed fruits.
- Yogurt Dessert Cups. Use the silicone baking cups when making a delicious frozen yogurt dessert. Fill the cups with yogurt and top it with fruits to give it a healthy blend. Once set, put it in the fridge and let it freeze before serving.
- Cooked Oatmeal Container. Cooking oatmeal can take time. So, if you are on a busy day, it will be time-consuming to wait for the steel-cut oatmeal to cook. But when you have vacant time, you can cook steel-cut oatmeal and set aside the one that you cannot consume using silicone baking cups. During busy days, you can quickly reheat them, so you have something to eat.
- Decorative Iced Cubes for All Occasions. You can make use of the silicone baking cups to make decorative ice. Together with water, you can put tiny sliced fruits or herbs. Keep it in the freezer until you are ready for a party. The ice is perfect for a punch bowl.
Do you know how to use silicone baking cups? Silicone baking cups are heavens gift to bakers. They can be useful in many ways. It can be a perfect addition to your baking essentials. They are also considered environment-friendly because silicone cups take the place of plastic container cups. How about you? How do you use your silicone cups? If you haven’t gotten one, pick a set when you go shopping and see the difference it makes and the things it contributes to your kitchen needs. Know more about baking cups.