Can you put paper baking cups in the oven? There are so many types of materials that can be used as molders when we make cupcakes. We may use muffin pans, silicone reusable cupcake liners, and plastic liners, among others. It is always best to put paper baking cup liners even when we are using reusable cupcake liners. Paper liners help preserve the moist texture of the cupcakes. It prevents the cupcake from becoming dry after removing from the baking pans.
Also, paper baking cups replace the use of butter or oil in a muffin pan. Paper liners prevent the cupcakes from sticking to the tin pans and breaking into pieces when the cakes are removed for the pan.
What are the Different Types of Paper Cup Liners?
There are different kinds of paper cup liners to choose from. Here are some of the examples:
- Standard white liners – standard baking cup liners measured 2” x 1 ¼” and are commonly used for traditional size cupcakes or muffins.
- Colored paper liners – they come in different shades. These are good to use for birthday parties and sports-themed parties.
- Decorative and fun cupcake liners – these come in various designs. These are good for themed parties.
- Flower petal shapes liners – these cupcake liners are good for mother’s day celebration or if we would like to give gifts for special someone.
- Tulip liners – these are heavy waxed paper liners that rise above the top of the cupcake. It creates a pretty tulip shape. Professional bakeries mostly use them.
Can you put paper baking cups in the oven? Why not? But keep in mind that most of the paper cup liners cannot stand alone inside the oven. It is best used with muffin pans, reusable silicone cupcake liners, or aluminum cupcake liners.
We may also use muffin liners out of parchments paper when baking if we run out of paper liners. We need to cut them in portions and put them in a baking pan or sturdy silicone cupcake liners.
Advantages of using Paper Cup Liners When Baking
Now that you know what are the different types of paper cup Liners and answered your question: “Can you put paper baking cups in the oven?” It is also important to know the various materials in baking have an advantage over the other. In making cupcakes, we may opt to use thin pans, silicone liners, and paper liners according to our needs and mood; however, whether we would use tin pans or silicone liners, we should put paper liners.
Following are the advantages of using paper cup liners in baking:
- Using paper cups will make the cleaning of the pans easier than usual.
- Muffin and cupcakes baked in paper liners form a nice domed top while baked without paper liners peaks steeply. Due to the insulation of paper, the sides of the cupcake do not set as quickly, thus making the entire cupcake rise.
- Paper cup liners make the sides of the cake or muffin nice and soft.
- It helps prevent potential burning of the cupcake.
Benefits of Using Paper Baking Cups in the Oven
Following are some of the benefits of using disposable paper cup liners:
- Eco-friendly – since most of the disposable cups are made with disposable material, it decomposes easily. This material may also be recycled.
- Biodegradable – biodegradable materials decompose quickly and will not harm the environment. It will decompose by the natural process when left to itself. It reduces the volume of waste in landfills.
- Safe – compared to plastic and other non-biodegradable materials, disposable liners are safe to use while consuming hot and cold pastries.
- Variety – it comes in different colors and prints. It may also come in different shapes and sizes.
- Lightweight – disposable cup liners are lightweight. Cupcakes will be carried out easily and can be stored in lunch boxes quickly.
Can you put paper baking cups in the oven? Yes! With the wide variety of oven-safe paper cup liners to choose from, anybody can find the right paper cake cup liner that would go well with different occasions. While the taste of the cake should be the main priority in making cupcakes, the presentation will make it more appealing to eat. Since you now know if you can put paper baking cups in the oven, bake away! Find out more about baking cups.