You may have heard this more than once: organic living. Thoughts of green, rustic simplicity may come to mind, but there’s more to this lifestyle than its trendy Instagram versions. It’s a transformation that starts from a mindset and spills over to other aspects of your life. It isn’t as challenging as some people make it out to be since it starts with a single choice. So if you’re contemplating living an organic lifestyle, we’re here to help you out.
The Benefits Of An Organic Lifestyle
Before we learn how to kickstart an organic lifestyle, here are some of the benefits of living organically:
- Before we learn how to kickstart an organic lifestyle, here are some of the benefits of living organically:
- Organic living supports local farmers. This way, you not only help the environment but help people save their livelihoods as well.
- Organic living supports the humane treatment of animals. Grass-fed animals, for example, are usually nurtured in organic-friendly and local farms. They live healthy lifestyles and roam freely.
- Organic living makes you healthy. Most of the food we consume relies on chemicals and other unnatural materials for mass production. We consume these chemicals when we choose non-organic products.
- Organic living saves ecosystems. And since organic farms don’t use chemicals, they protect the ecosystems around them as well as neighboring communities.
- Organic living brings people joy because it’s a meaningful effort to transcend your needs and wants with the environment, local farmers, and the planet’s future in mind.
There’s no turning back now that you understand the advantages, so how and where do we start if we want to live organically?
Learn more about Life Guides from https://www.createwithkendra.com.
5 Ways To Start Living Organically
So before you bombard yourself with all things organic, take a breath and start with small steps. Studies say that if you do something twelve times, it will become a habit. So the goal is to make a choice and follow through until it becomes habitual and natural. Are you ready? Let’s start!
1 – Start With Organic Food.
If finding organic food for three meals in a day seems daunting at first, set aside one or two meals a day strictly for organic food. The organic lifestyle starts with what you eat, so this is the best place to start.
- Look for dairy, eggs, fruits, and vegetables with “organic” labels in the grocery and make sure the meat you buy is grass-fed.
- Since groceries can be expensive, you can buy at a farmer’s market or look for local suppliers. This way, you support their livelihoods as well.
- You can also grow your organic vegetables to save money and know where your food is coming from.
- The next thing to do after choosing organic food is to start choosing organic beverages like fresh juices and organic coffee.
2 – Be Cautious About Energy Use
Organic living is all about caring for the environment, which means reducing energy use is the best way to live organically. Here are some tips:
- Choose to walk on certain days instead of taking your car.
- Switch off unnecessary lights and appliances at home.
- Use public transportation if you have that option, since the less you use your car, the better it is for the environment.
3 – Make More Home Cooked Meals
You won’t find many organic restaurants, which will make organic lifestyles more difficult to achieve. Choosing organic also means cooking and preparing more meals at home.
4 – Use Natural Cleaning Products
After focusing on food consumption, we can finally move to the house. Cleaning products often have strong, toxic chemicals that are dangerous to inhale. You can make affordable cleaning solutions using these ingredients:
- baking soda
- lemon or lemon essential oils
- lavender essential oil
- eucalyptus essential oil
These ingredients are safe and smell great too.
5 – Use Organic Skincare and Dental Products
Organic living doesn’t stop at food. Even your skin and teeth need the gentle care of organic products. Check the label for toothpaste and skincare so you can start pampering yourself the safest way possible.