Everybody loves cupcakes—these individual-size cakes with frosting, fillings, sprinkles, and glazed with your favorite sweets are something to look forward to when going to your favorite bakery. There are endless variations to a cupcake, and every baker delivers with their unique sweet touch. Decorating a cupcake doesn’t end with its edible ingredients. That is why in this article, I’ll show you how to make cupcake liners.
Cupcake liners can decorate and enhance your cupcakes inside and out. If you know how to make cupcake liners, you can save on cost and improve the theme of your cupcakes. There is more to cupcake liners that one would think, so allow me to discuss further. Let’s get started.
What Are Cupcake Liners?
Before we dive into knowing how to make cupcake liners, let’s have an idea of what cupcake liners are. Cupcake liners are paper or foil cups that make it easier for you to remove cupcakes from the pan. Cupcake liners come in different sizes, colors, and designs. These cupcake liners don’t just aid in taking the cupcakes off the pan. They also serve as decorations with their different designs and patterns. Cupcake liners play a role in matching the theme of your wedding, birthday, holiday, or just about any occasion with your freshly baked cupcakes.
Buying Cupcake Liners
When buying your cupcake liners from a store, it is essential to know the dimension of the pan you will be using. Though the size and classifications already exist, different manufacturers will have slight variations when it comes to the pan size. Typically, the standard cupcake liner measures around 2 inches by 1 1/4 inch per piece.
It is also a helpful tip to pick the right look or design when choosing your cupcake liners. When baking for an event, it would be nice to have the proper theme-design cupcake liner that provides the pastries with a uniform look. You wouldn’t want to have a birthday-designed cupcake liner if your baking cupcakes for Halloween, right?
DIY: How To Make Cupcake Liners
Wax paper is never a good option if you want to know how to make cupcake liners. Wax paper is too thin and is hard to manage. Wax paper is also a nightmare to get off your baked goods when serving them to your friends, family, or customer. They will end up peeling the wax paper away in shards and leave their fingernails dirty.
Instead, using medium quality baking/parchment paper that is typically whiter or brown is the best approach on how to make cupcake liners. You can find this at any grocery store or baking store. If you buy parchment paper in baking stores, you can find a brand-less one that usually comes in bulk. It is less expensive and comes in a big giant roll that is easy to cut to your desired length.
Check out my take on how to make cupcake liners for yourself at home.
What you will need to get started:
- Parchment Paper
- A can that has the same dimensions of the openings in your tin pan
Steps and Directions:
- Start cutting the parchment paper into squares, around 4 to 5 inches across. I would suggest that you use a ruler cutting one for an accurate measurement. Trace along the rest of your parchment paper using the ruler as a guide.
- Place the parchment paper over the can you choose for your mold. Some parchment paper curls up after you cut them. If this happens to you, make sure to turn that curl away from the can. Having the paper away from the can will help in opening up the cupcake liners, so you don’t mess anything up when scooping the batter later.
- Using your fingers, run along with the parchment paper on the circular edges of the can. Press down on the parchment paper, to make a sharp crease that resembles the base of the can.
- Transfer the cupcake liners to the tin pan you will be using.
A Quick Tip: You can place the can in with the liner while you set it in place for a firm and snug fit.
Advantages of Cupcake Liners
There are a lot of reasons why cupcake liners are advantageous when used in baking your cupcakes. It can even extend its benefits outside baking your cupcakes. Here are some of the critical advantages of having cupcake liners:
- Easy Cleaning. You might not have the patience to clean dirty pans, mainly when curst sticks to the pan. Having a cupcake liner will allow you to avoid the mess that comes from sticky batter in unlined pans. It also helps create a finished product that has a consistent shape.
- Sanitation. Cupcake liners provide a protective exterior layer that can aid in stopping the spread of germs when baking, on display, and when the cupcake is handed to the person who eats is. Cupcake liners provide peace of mind while eating the cake with your hands.
- Moisture. Having cupcake liners can prevent baked goods from drying after removing them from the pan. Cupcake liners can retain and preserve moisture. Moisture in cakes will leave them tasting delicious and gooey.
- Shape. Cupcake liners can provide proper shape and stability to your baked products. It also gives it a uniform shape that will prevent crumbling of the crust. Cupcake liners can act as a buffer from the hot pan and the batter, which provides for even baking, especially on the edges.
- Overall Look. Cupcake liners are functional and ornamental. They come in different colored patterns and designs that complement a specific theme. For those who know how to make cupcake liners at home, they can have it plain and simple.
Now that we have gone through my take on how to make cupcake liners for convenient baking, you can pass this knowledge to friends and family. I hope that this article has added more to your baking skills and knowledge. Just remember to cut the paper as accurately as possible so you will have sweet uniformed cupcakes. You can even design your parchment paper to give a special presentation. Know more about cupcake liners.