Irish Cream Mint
You don't have to be Irish to celebrate St Patrick's Day - or to eat these Irish Cream Mint cupcakes! You'll have fun celebrating the luck of the Irish and serving these festive cupcakes for dessert. We found this delicious cupcake recipe at The Cookie Monster Cooking. We did some slight tweaking and added in some Girl Scout Mint Cookies.
You'll love the deep chocolate flavor, the minty moist cake and the silky, creamy Irish Cream Frosting.
They are fun to make and decorate! We suggest some Orange or Green Cupcake Wrappers and add Green Moustache Cupcake Toppers or a fun collection of St Patricks Day Cupcake Toppers. Perfect for St Patrick's Day parties, Birthdays for folks with Irish heritage or just because you love adorable all things Irish.
Irish Cream Cupcakes:
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup strongly brewed coffee, cooled slightly
- ½ cup crushed girl scout mint cookies
- ¼ cup irish cream liqueur (we used Bailey's)
Irish Cream Frosting:
- 1 cup (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons irish cream liqueur (we used Bailey's)
- 1 tablespoon strongly brewed coffee, cooled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup cupcake pan with baking liners and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter and sugar. Cream on medium speed for 1 minute. Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Add in the flour mixture and mix on low until just incorporated. In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine the coffee and liqueur. Add half of this mixture to the batter. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute (start on low then increase to medium so it doesn’t splatter everywhere). Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed. Add in the remaining half of the coffee mixture and the crushed girl scout mint cookies and then beat again on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake liners, filling them about ⅔ of the way full. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting - add the butter to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the confectioners’ sugar. Once incorporated, increase the speed to medium and beat until well combined. Add in the salt, vanilla, liqueur and coffee. Beat on low speed until incorporated and then increase the speed to high and beat for about 3 minutes, until fluffy.
- Transfer the frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a decorative tip. Pipe frosting on the cupcakes as desired. Garnish with crushed Girl Scout Mint Cookies.
Cupcake Decorating Tip: Discover how to frost with a pastry bag with our Video Tutorial. Add an Edible Cupcake Topper or a decorative Cupcake Wrapper to make your cupcake stand out.
Visit Bella Cupcake Couture for more Cupcake Recipes.