How to Make Butterfinger Caramel Apples
This recipe for a decadent caramel apple rolled in butterfinger crumbles is quick and easy to make. They make delicious gifts, party favors and will wow your guests as a great Fall dessert buffet treat.
We created these sweet, gooey homemade caramel apples for a What Does The Fox Say party theme for a birthday party. It was popular among guests once it was cut into bite-size pieces for all to enjoy at any birthday party, bridal shower and other festivities.
All you will need is a bag of caramels, apples, wood sticks, butterfingers and paper straws for a touch of color. theme. Three easy steps later will leave you with an adorable and easy treat that all partygoers will love.
What You'll Need:
- 5 medium apples, washed, well dried
- bag of KRAFT Caramel Bits
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Butterfinger Bars
- Wood Sticks or Wood Skewers
- Paper Straws (optional)
Caramel Apple Instructions
- After washing, drying and removing any stickers from your apples insert one wooden pop stick or wooden skewer into stem end of each apple.
- Cover a large plate or cookie sheet with waxed paper; spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place caramel bit in a medium saucepan. Add water; cook on medium-low heat 3 min. or until caramel bits are completely melted, stirring constantly.
- Dip apples into melted caramel until evenly coated, spooning caramel over apples if necessary. Allow excess caramel to drip off.
- Crush Butterfinger into small bits and then roll bottom of apple into the Butterfinger crumbles and then place on waxed paper tray. Optional: Caramel apples can be rolled into a variety of coatings for a sweet treat.
- When setting your dessert table display add striped colored paper straws over the wooden skewer to add a touch of color. Also we added a "Happy Birthday" cupcake pick topper to the top of the straw for event more style.
We hope you enjoyed today's tutorial. For more stylish dessert table ideas, check out our NEW "How to" with Video Tutorials and Cupcake Event Theme parties.