Panna Cotta Recipe With Cream—How To Make Panna Cotta
Panna Cotta is a popular Italian dessert that translates to ‘cooked cream’.
If that hasn’t opened up your taste buds, I don’t know what will.
Do I also have to mention that Panna Cotta can be made in whichever flavor you prefer? The one I have mentioned here is regular, vanilla-flavored Panna Cotta. But you can add any fruit essence that you prefer.
When I looked up ‘How to make Panna Cotta’, I was astonished to see that the original Italian recipe used only cream, whereas the modified version uses half and half of cream and milk.
So, if you want the authentic texture for your Panna Cotta, go ahead and use double the amount of cream and no milk.
Another important thing to remember is to not add too much gelatine. Joe Bastianich from MasterChef says that the overuse of gelatine gives it a jelly-like taste rather than the original creamy taste.
So, let’s get into it.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp gelatine powder
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Mix the gelatine powder with some water. Now heat this mixture for a few seconds until the gelatine is completely dissolved.
- Keep this aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start heating some milk. Add sugar and mix.
- Then add the cream and keep the heat low and keep stirring.
- Now add the gelatine we had prepared and mix well.
- Then add vanilla essence and mix well. Optionally you can also add any other flavor you want; it is totally up to your preference.
- Take it off the heat and transfer it into ramekins. If you don’t have ramekins, you can also pour the milk into bowls of your preferred shape.
- Let it chill for at least 4 hours. Then take it out, and you can top it with any topping you prefer.
Check out this other dessert recipe: Leche Frita – A Spanish Dessert (Fried Milk)
February 5, 2021
By: Carmen Dana
Recently, there has been an even stronger push than ever to go green. There are many ways to go eco-friendly and one of the easiest ways is right in your own home.
February 3, 2021
By: Amanda Sunny
A cookie is a small, flat, sometimes chewy, sweet treat. The aroma these cookies bring out when cooked at home is a glorious smell that brings about childhood memories and fond moments.
February 3, 2021
By: Paul Sutton
Can you put paper baking cups in the oven? There are so many types of materials that can be used as molders when we make cupcakes.