with Pretty Bird Cupcake Wraps
These beautifully decorated cupcakes with a ruffled frosting would be very elegant for wedding cupcakes, bridal shower cupcakes or even a sweet baby shower decor. The vanilla cupcake recipe with buttercream is always a favorite among event guests.
The cupcake wrapper featured is our Bella Cupcake Couture Meisha Bird & Blossom cupcake decor and comes in Celery Green with Hot Pink cupcake wrap or Sky Blue with Soft Pink cupcake wrap.
Vanilla Cupcake and Buttercream Recipe
This cupcake was created by HANIELA'S for the Bella Cupcake Couture Blog Party.
For the full recipe details including instructions on how to create the ruffled frosting and an incredible video showing how to do it all, visit HERE
Makes 12 cupcakes
5 Tbl (70grams) room temperature butter
3/4 cup (150grams) granulated sugar
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup cake flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup (60ml)milk
1/4 cup(60ml) plain yogurt or sour cream
3 large egg whites
Preheat oven to 350F, line a muffin pan with cupcake liners, set aside
- Wipe the bowl of your mixer with white vinegar and wipe it dry, add egg whites, pinch of salt and beat egg whites until medium soft peaks are formed, add 1/4 cup sugar an beat until firm but not dry peaks are formed, scrape the meringue into a small bowl and set aside
- In the same bowl you made the meringue cream butter with sugar until creamy, 5 minutes
- While your butter is creaming sift together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside
- In a small dish combine together milk and yogurt.
- Add egg yolks to the butter and beat well, add vanilla extract, scrape the bowl and continue beating until smooth and well combined
- On slow speed alternatively add milk mixture and flour, on low speed beat until smooth
- To the batter add about 1/3 of meringue, fold into the batter until smooth, fold in the remaining meringue
- Fill the prepared muffin pan, about 2/3 full
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Remove from the muffin pan and cool the cupcakes on the cooling rack
American Buttercream -
(this buttercream is rather sweet, if you prefer less sweet buttercream, you can option for Swiss Buttercream
3 sticks (340grams) room temperature unsalted butter
5 1/2cups (624grams) powdered sugar
3-4 tbl water
2tsp Vanilla Extract
pinch of salt
- In a bowl of your mixer beat room temperature butter until smooth, gradually add powdered sugar and salt. Beat until smooth, gradually add water and then add vanilla.
- Color frosting with desired colors.
- If icing gets little soft while piping you can place it in the fridge to firm up.