Coconutty Goodness You'll Love!
Coconut is in every single bite of these Triple Coconut Cupcakes! It's a perfect cupcake for any occasion; Homemade Wedding Cupcakes, Bridal Shower Cupcakes, Baby shower Cupcakes, White Party Cupcakes and more.
These cupcakes were created for a Cupcake Couture Blog Party and decorated in our floral red and blue cupcake wrappers. This cupcake liner would be perfect for a Christmas Party as well.
For more cupcake event tips visit HERE.
For the Cupcakes
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, toasted (see note)
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk (from a 14 ounce can)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk (see note)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
For the Frosting
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 cup toasted coconut (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with liners (24 cupcakes).
- Stir together 2 cups coconut and sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Mix cake mix, coconut milk, oil and eggs with a hand mixer on low for 30 seconds, then on medium for 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly in the cupcake pans (about 3/4 full). Scoop 1 tablespoon of the coconut mixture onto the top of each cupcake.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until the cupcake springs back when touched. Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat butter with a mixer until smooth. Slowly beat in powdered sugar and mix until crumbly. Add coconut extract and 2 tablespoons milk and mix until smooth. If needed, add another tablespoon of milk to reach desired consistency. (I used 3 tablespoons).
- Frost cupcakes with a spatula or a pastry bag. Top generously with toasted coconut.
For the full recipe details,
tips, more photos and important instructions visit HERE