Festive Polkadot Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream Frosting
These polkadot cupcake wrappers (aka cupcake wraps, cupcake holders, cupcake liners) would be festive for a baby shower or birthday party. To go along with the dotty cupcake wrapper theme, this recipe by Katrina's Kitchen included chocolate candy discs in green, pink and milk chocolate brown.They added height and matched the Dorothy polka dot cupcake wrappers decor perfectly.
Add some colorful paper party straws as well for a bit more fun! The stripy green and pink straws added some flair to the theme without overwhelming it.
Now on to this tasty Almond Buttercream Frosting recipe. It will be the perfect topping for your favorite cupcake recipe. Enjoy!
Almond Buttercream Cupcake Frosting Recipe
This cupcake was created by In Katrina's Kitchen for the Bella Cupcake Couture Blog Party.
- 2 Cups shortening
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 Cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 Cup heavy cream (more or less to desired consistency)
- food coloring, if desired
- In the bowl of your mixer beat shortening until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in vanilla (and almond extract if using).
- Add powdered sugar (1 cup at a time) until combined, then add cream & mix until smooth and spreading consistency. Adjust cream to desired frosting thickness
- Add a few drops of color, if desired.
For the full recipe details with instructions visit HERE