How To Make Mini Individual Wedding Cakes
Weddings are such lovely occasions, and wedding cakes play a customary role. The cake is on display and served to guests, but one thing is for certain. Wedding cakes are a beautiful symbol of love and a delicious one, too. But it can be quite expensive. If you’d like to know how to make mini individual wedding cakes, then you’ve come to the best place.
Tiered wedding cakes can be costly compared to individual wedding cakes. And smart couples are opting for affordable measures these days without compromising quality - and taste! You can still have the wedding cake of your dreams with mini wedding cakes.
What Are Miniature Wedding Cakes?
Miniature wedding cakes are the new trend. They are smaller versions of the traditional cake that can be easily decorated and frosted, just like a professional wedding cake.
Individual miniature wedding cakes can be as elegant as the usual grand and traditional wedding cake. Since the cake is displayed for all to see, it is also a great way for the couple to show off their style and personality.
Mini wedding cakes are a great alternative to the customary tiered cake since modern couples nowadays are opting for a simple themed wedding - keeping it intimate but still beautiful and memorable. Individual cakes are perfect for couples who want to express their love. Or it can also be served as a wedding dessert to your guests.
Mini wedding cakes are adorable when it comes to its size but can still feature a graceful accent to the occasion. If you’re looking for an alternative to purchasing an expensive cake, learning how to make mini individual wedding cakes is easy!
Top 10 Best Mini Wedding Cake Flavors
Couples would often go to cake-tasting sessions to figure out the type of cake flavors they want for their once in a lifetime occasion. It can be confusing at times, but always remember that it’s your cake! It should be something that pleases you and your partner. There is nothing wrong with going seasonal - strawberries, pumpkins, whatever flavor you want. And there is nothing wrong with going simple! After all, it’s your special day.
If you still can’t decide here are the top ten best mini wedding cake flavors of today:
- Peanut Butter
- Red Velvet
Different Types Of Cake Frosting
Are you choosing between frosting or icing? Frosting on a cake is usually stiffer and is made of cream or butter, while the icing is thin and looks like a sugary glaze that spreads and hardens. Frosting works best with cakes. Before learning how to make mini individual wedding cakes, you have to decide on the frosting to see if it fits well with your chosen flavor.
If you want to make mini wedding cakes, your cake can be decorated with any of these types of frosting:
- Whipped Cream - Cream is whipped while adding sugar slowly.
- Chocolate Ganache Frosting - Chocolate ganache is beaten until fluffy.
- Italian Meringue Buttercream - A thick and creamy frosting that is made by whipping egg whites with sugar syrup and softened butter.
- Swiss Meringue Buttercream - It is made from cooked egg whites and sugar, butter, and flavorings like vanilla and salt.
- French Meringue Buttercream - It works the same as the Swiss and Italian meringue buttercream but uses egg yolks instead of whites.
- Cream Cheese Frosting - This is usually frosted on red velvet cakes
- Basic Buttercream - Made with butter and icing sugar.
Ingredients To Make Mini Wedding Cakes
If you’re keen to make a simple cake base, we have an easy recipe you can follow. Know how to make simple white and moist mini individual wedding cakes with these ingredients:
- One white cake mix (432g box)
- Two whole eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
The milk and sour cream are extra ingredients added to the mix to make the cake super soft and fluffy.
5 Easy Mini Individual Cake Steps
Learning how to make mini individual wedding cakes doesn’t have to be a lengthy process. We have a quick and simple recipe you can follow:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F for ten to fifteen minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, pour the cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, and sour cream and mix well. All the while making sure there are no lumps. If you have a mixer, beat for 30 seconds on medium speed. And then increase to high speed and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Butter your cake pan or spray it with oil. The recipe can fit a 13 x 9-inch rectangle pan or a 12 inch round pan.
- Bake for fifteen minutes, then rotate the pan and bake for an additional twelve to fifteen minutes.
- Cool your cake onto a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Afterward, when you have chosen your desired frosting, frost an even layer using a spatula. You can add edible flowers, sprinkles, or other edible decorations that you feel best for your cake.
A wedding does not necessarily have to be expensive and grand. These days, couples are celebrating their union using simple and affordable means. There are a ton of simple wedding ideas out there that are cost-friendly, and having a mini wedding cake is one of them.
Explore the various flavors and frosting combinations, and experiment with layering cakes or using different pans. Just remember, whether you learn how to make mini individual wedding cakes or if you are asking a dear friend to make one for you, a wedding cake should reflect the couple's union and love for each other. We hope you enjoy making your miniature wedding cakes with this easy recipe and guide! Find out more about cakes.
February 4, 2021
By: Carmen Dana
Baking is therapeutic. On the other hand, eating what you bake brings you more than just healing. There is a feeling of fulfillment and satisfaction when you munch sweet cupcakes.
February 2, 2021
By: Carmen Dana
Miniature cakes are the newest trend in the baking world. You can make it in any flavor. Plus, you can design any way you want.