How To Make Mini Cheesecakes In A Muffin Pan
Hello, my fellow sweet-tooth bakers! Today, I'm bringing you into the world of cheesecakes! I love making mini cheesecakes! They're silky, sweet and tangy, and crispy and creamy all in one bite. Plus, they're super easy to make and the perfect size. They're so simple to make that you can even bake them using a muffin pan. All you have to do is to learn one basic cheesecake recipe, so you can easily create different cheesecake flavors and variations. Check out this recipe to know how to make mini cheesecakes in muffin pans.
Ingredients for Mini Cheesecake
For Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
For Mini Cheesecake Filling
- 16 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice (optional but recommended)
- caramel or strawberry sauce for topping (optional)
How to Make Mini Cheesecakes
Make the Graham Crust
The first step on how to make mini cheesecakes in muffin pans is to make the crust. I’m using my favorite Graham cracker crust recipe. It’s buttery and crunchy. It’s a gorgeous contrast to the dense, creamy cheesecake filling.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a regular-sized muffin pan with paper liners. You can also skip the liners and spray the pan with non-stick spray or grease with butter instead. But the mini cheesecakes are pretty tough to release from the pan. So I recommend using liners to make things easier.
- Combine the graham crackers, butter, and sugar into a small bowl. You can blend them using a processor until you have fine crumbs. The texture should be similar to that of wet sand. If you don’t have a food processor, place the crackers inside a large zip bag and smash them using a rolling pin or the back of a pan.
- Evenly distribute the graham crust into the bottom of the lined muffin pan. And make sure to press each one down firmly into one even layer.
- Bake for about 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Take them out of the oven and let them cool completely, set aside.
For a fun twist on how to make mini cheesecakes in muffin pans, you can use chocolate graham crackers, biscoff cookies or Oreo’s as a replacement for honey graham crackers.
Make the Filling
Meanwhile, gather the ingredients for the cheesecake filling.
- Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and granualted sugar on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the sour cream, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Mix well until combined. On medium speed, add the eggs one at a time. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the cooled muffin pan (about two tablespoons each cavity). Fill almost to the top.
Bake the Mini Cheesecake
- Place them in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the mini cheesecakes are set and the center of the cheesecake slightly jiggles. Don't overcook them. They'll start to crack if they are getting over cooked.
- Allow them to cool in the muffin pan completely on a wire cooling rack.
Ready to Serve
Now that you know the simple steps on how to make mini cheesecakes in muffin pans, they’re ready to be served! Put them in the refrigerator to chill or serve them with your favorite toppings!
Learning how to make mini cheesecakes in muffin pans is quite easy. Plus, you can make different kinds of flavored-cheesecakes! Here are some fun flavors that you can try out.
- Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes: This cheesecake is made with melted semi-sweet chocolate chips that are perfect for chocolate lovers!
- Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes: You can use Oreos in place of the graham cracker crust.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes: Put a tablespoon of strawberry sauce/jam on top of each cheesecake then place half of a strawberry on top.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes: You can add canned pumpkin puree (not the pumpkin pie filling) and some pumpkin pie spice. Then crush up gingersnaps and mix them with melted butter to make the crust.
- Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes: Put a canned cherry pie filling and crushed graham crackers on top of each cheesecake.
Can you Freeze Mini Cheesecakes?
Of course! These mini cheesecakes freeze very well. Just make sure to place them up properly in an airtight container. These mini cheesecakes should last for up to three months in the freezer. Bring them to room temperature before serving.
Some people still ask whether or not mini cheesecakes look good in a muffin pan. Though they do have some grooves from the liners, they still look good and taste delicious! And that's all that matters when it comes to desserts, right?
Now that you know the basics of how to make mini cheesecakes in muffin pan, you're ready to proceed to the next level! You can make mini cheesecakes for every season, to every liking, or create a cheesecake bar to your next party!
October 15, 2020
By: Paul Sutton
The main ingredients for making muffins can be usually found in any well-stocked pantry, but when you get that muffin craving, do you suddenly find that you do not have a muffin pan?
August 8, 2020
By: Andre Stackton
Mini blueberry muffins are one of the best treats you can ever give to your friends and family, especially because of its irresistible bite-size form.