How To Make Ballerina Tutu Cupcake Toppers
A huge birthday party is coming up, and you still don't have a cake for your little ballerina? Here's a brilliant idea: create a cupcake with ballerina tutu toppers to wow her friends and your guests!
There is nothing cuter than a ballerina-themed party with the cutest ballerina tutu cupcake toppers. In this article, I will walk you through on how to make ballerina tutu cupcake toppers.
Preparing the Materials
Before you can start learning how to make ballerina tutu cupcake toppers, you must first prepare the ingredients so that you don’t get mixed up later.
The ingredients that you need to make ballerina tutu cupcake toppers are the following:
- colored clipboard or ballet leotard printable
- Tulle for ballet skirt
- Glue gun and glue stick
Steps on How to Make Ballerina Tutu Cupcake Toppers
1. Printing and Drawing Stencils
This is the first step on how to make ballerina tutu cupcake toppers. You can find ballet leotard printables online and print them on white card stock. Otherwise, you can make use of colored clipboard and draw a leotard top on them and then freehand cut them.
There are tons of stencils online that you can print and trace if you don’t feel confident with doing a freehand drawing for your tutu leotards.
2. Tulle Skirt
The next step in how to make tutu cupcake toppers is to grab your scissors and your tulle garment. Measure up to 4" of tulle for each skirt, then glue it to the leotard that you have printed or cut.
Make sure that the tulle and the leotard’s colors match well so that you can make it look cuter.
Before you can attach the toothpick, you have to use another set of tulle and leotard printout so that it can be back to back with the first one that you have made.
Now, grab the first ballerina tulle tutu that you made, glue it to the upper part of the toothpick, then grab the second ballerina tutu dress and then paste it at the back of the first one.
The next step will be to tie a bow using the ribbon and then glue it in front of your tutu ballerina toppers.
Afterward, you can add in any detail that you want, like glitters or any other ornaments that you can add to make your ballerina tutu dress cuter.
5. Put them on the Cupcakes
Now that you have learned how to make ballerina tutu cupcakes, all that is left to do is to put them on your cupcakes.
If you haven’t made your cupcakes yet, I have a pastel cupcake recipe that will go well with those ballerina tutu cupcake toppers.
How to Bake Pastel Cupcakes
Colorful ballerina tutu cupcake toppers deserve to be seated on top of cute pastel pink cupcakes. And, today, I will walk you through baking pastel pink cupcakes.
1. Preparing the Ingredients
To bake the cutest pink cupcakes, you’ll need to prepare the following:
- A cup of softened butter,
- One and ¼ cups of sugar,
- 1/8 teaspoon of pink food coloring,
- three large eggs in room temperature,
- One teaspoon vanilla extract,
- Two and ½ cups of all-purpose flour,
- One and ½ teaspoons of baking powder,
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda,
- ¼ teaspoon of salt,
- 1 cup of buttermilk,
Then, you have to prepare the ingredients for the white chocolate ganache. Remember, the cupcake also needs to be delicious.
- 2 cups of white baking chips
- ½ cup heavy whipped cream
- A tablespoon of butter,
- Pink coarse sugar, and sugar pearls
Aside from those ingredients, you can also add colorful sprinkles just to have that extra girly and bright touch.
2. The Batter
- Grab a large bowl,
- Pour the cream,
- Pour butter,
- Pour sugar,
- Pour food coloring
- Mix it for 5-7 minutes until the texture becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time while beating them gradually,
- Add vanilla,
- Grab a second bowl,
- Pour the flour,
- Pour the baking powder,
- Pour the baking soda,
- Add the salt,
- Add the second mixture to the first mixture alternately with buttermilk while beating it well after each addition.
- Pour the batter into paper-lined muffin cups. Don’t fill them up.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 23-27 minutes
- Check now and then with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, then it's ready.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before moving them to wire racks.
While waiting for the cupcakes to cool down, let’s get on to making the frosting.
- Grab a small bowl and pour the white baking chips,
- Grab a saucepan and let the cream boil,
- Pour the chips into the boiling saucepan,
- Whisk the mixture until it gets smooth,
- Pour the butter,
- Transfer the whole mixture to a large bowl,
- Chill for 30 minutes while stirring once
- Beat fast for two to three minutes until the frosting turns nice and fluffy,
4. Putting the Cupcake Together
- Frost the cupcakes,
- Decorate with coarse sugar, sugar pearls, and sprinkles
Now that you have your pink cupcakes and your ballerina tutu cupcake toppers, it’s time for you to put those toppers into those cupcakes and serve them to your guests during the party. Learning how to make ballerina tutu cupcake toppers is easy, fun, and an innovative way to impress your guests, and make your little ballerina happy. You just need to get those ingredients and work your magic in the kitchen!
October 16, 2020
By: Pamela Hotlock
Ballerina cupcake toppers are very popular among girls. And you can now make your ballerina cupcake topper at home.
October 3, 2020
By: Andre Stackton
Are you getting tired of messing and running out of buttercream frosting before you even finish frosting your cupcakes?