How To Bake A Pumpkin Pie Without The Crust The Easy Way
Pumpkin pie without a crust is the new twist to the traditional pumpkin pie baking. Crustless pumpkin pies have gluten-free, natural custard with no crust. People who are both pie eaters and health-conscious are concerned about the crust most of the time. They go for flavourful fillings or desserts that are light and without the crust. In this article, you will learn how to bake pumpkin pie without crust.
Benefits of Baking Pumpkin Pie without Crust
When you already know how to bake pumpkin pie without the crust, you should also know what the benefits are and why it is way better than pumpkin pies with crust. Here are the reasons:
- Ingredients are more simple and easy to find
- Baking is easier because you can make it all in just one bowl
- Sugar and Gluten-free
- It guarantees that it’s delicious, silky smooth, creamy and will surely have a perfect result
- Flexibility in making because you can either make it a large pie to feed a group of people. You can also prepare it for smaller or individual portions, which is way faster.
- You don’t have to prepare for pie crusts because it takes time
Essential Ingredients that are Needed
If you want to know how to bake pumpkin pie without the crust, then you should also know the essential ingredients to come up with a delicious and successful pumpkin pie. Be familiar with these ingredients so that it would be easier for you to buy next time. Take note that these ingredients are good for eight servings.
- One-half cup of all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- 15 ounces of pumpkin puree, you can have it homemade, or you can buy
- One can or 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
- Two tablespoons of butter that is unsalted, slightly cooled and melted
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Two and a half teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- About one-fourth teaspoon of salt
- Two pieces of large eggs in a room temperature
Instructions on How to Bake Pumpkin Pie without Crust
These are the detailed steps that are easy to follow if you want to know how to bake pumpkin pie without crust. Read carefully because every detail is essential to come up with a perfect and delicious pumpkin pie.
Step 1 – Your oven must be preheated up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This allows you to enjoy crust-free edges of your pumpkin pie and can make you serve it easily.
Step 2 – Mix together the flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
Step 3 – Mix the pumpkin puree, condensed milk, vanilla extract melted butter, salt, and pumpkin pie spices in a bowl. Mix it carefully until its creamy and free of bulges.
Step 4 – Put on the eggs and beat on low speed until it’s thoroughly mixed.
Step 5 – Put on the flour mixture and carefully mix it on low speed until it is smooth enough. The sides of the bowl should be carefully scraped with a rubber spatula when needed.
Step 6 –Put on the mixture into your pan. Wait for 35-50 minutes, and it’s better if you monitor it every 20 minutes to rotate it.
Step 7 – Carefully remove the pie from the oven and let the wire rack cool on room temperature. Just wait until the pie is cool enough before you put it in a refrigerator. This is to prevent sweating or condensation. You only need to keep the pumpkin pie in the fridge until it’s all good to serve.
Here are some of the secret tips that could help you to come up with a desirable pumpkin pie without a crust:
- Avoid adding the pumpkin pie spice mix into the egg mix. Just mix the spices with the vanilla first make sure it’s thoroughly mixed. Once done, add this to the eggs and mix it or whisk.
- Make use of a standard depth pie pan. Avoid using a deep-dish pie pan.
- Avoid having it overcooked because it may crack.
- See to it that the eggs are room temperature to warm them quickly.
- Put on a very thin coating of butter in the baking dish to make it easier for you to remove the pie once it’s done baking.
- Baking time can be a large range due to the different types of milk baked at different speeds. You will know that your pumpkin pie is already done when it gets a matte finish. Set the edges and just have a little shake in the middle.
- You can also have this pumpkin pie dairy-free. Others have used coconut milk instead and still got the best results.
Knowing how to bake pumpkin pie is awesome. This pumpkin pie is sugar- and gluten-free that strips away the carbohydrates from the crust. It can be a hit during Thanksgiving and other celebrations. Plus, you can make it anytime you want because it’s pretty simple. You only need to whip and mix the ingredients to have a delicious pumpkin pie. Try it, and you will see that it will become your family’s next favorite treat. Also check out this Pumpkin pie : Healing postpartum recipe. Know more about pies.
May 3, 2021
By: Amanda Sunny
Frozen crusts have a long shelf life as they can stay on the freezer for as long as two months. Every baking savvy or beginner knows