How Do You Use Silicone Baking Molds The Right Way?
The modern baker is blessed with the latest technological advancements in the kitchen at their disposal. Some have embraced new technology, while others are still reluctant. The silicone baking mold is one of the products that replaces the more traditional, tin, wood, ceramic, and glass molds. In this article, we will answer the question, “how do you use silicone baking molds?” We will also discuss other tips and tricks that can enhance your baking skills by using the silicone baking molds.
Using the silicone baking mold can be a big learning curve. That is why we must understand what kinds of frames to buy, how to use them, and other numerous tips and tricks that the silicone mold can offer to our baking. If done correctly, I am quite sure that this tool will further enhance your baking skills and knowledge in the kitchen. Let's get started.
The Advantages Of A Silicone Baking Mold
The Silicone baking mold is an excellent tool for cooking and baking. It offers total control in making your favorite pastry. The silicone mold is flexible, easy to clean, holds its form, and can be shaped in any way.
It is much more versatile and more comfortable to use than the traditional aluminum or stainless-steel pans. But when buying a silicone baking mold, It is crucial to know what you're using the silicone baking mold for, so you know exactly what type of mold to invest in. Silicone molds come in different brands, some cost more than others.
Silicone baking molds come in a lot of different shapes and sizes, as well as textures and colors. They even come in various patterns to help you decorate your pastries in the best way possible, and if you search hard enough, you can also purchase a customized mold to your desire.
So, how do you use silicone baking molds to your advantage in baking? You'll find out by taking a look at the silicone molds advantages in the kitchen:
- Silicone molds don't need to be greased or oiled.
- Silicone mold heats up quickly and leaves you with no burnt bottom and edges, unlike aluminum-steel pans.
- Removal from the silicone mold is quick and effortless, with one twist and gentle push, your baked goods pop right out.
- Silicone molds don't rust or stain.
- Silicone baking molds are microwave, oven, freezer, and dishwasher safe.
- Clean-up is super easy.
- They are lightweight and easy to carry around anywhere.
By looking at its advantages and applying it to your baking, you will see that it makes a lot of the processes easy. Cleaning will never be as tough since you wouldn't have to worry about sticky situations. It is dishwasher safe too! You would not need to grease or flour up your molds before baking them. You can even fold them up and carry them around wherever your baking desires take you. Knowing these advantages, I'm sure now you can answer how do you use silicone baking molds for your baking needs.
Tips When Using A Silicone Mold For Baking
There are a lot of uses for silicone bakeware. You can create the best cakes, bread, and muffins with countless shapes, patterns, and impressive designs. You can even step outside baking and freeze your favorite juice to make flavored ice-pops. Because it is so flexible and lightweight, you can take it with you during glamping trips or when going to a cooking cabin outdoors. With its countless uses, you already know that it's a worthy investment. Here are some tips on using silicone molds for baking and cooking:
- It is always good to follow the manufacturer's maximum heat ratings. Different silicone molds come with varying ratings because of the material and the brand.
- Use hot pads when you remove pans out of the oven. Silicone molds are still hot to the touch just like traditional pans coming out of the over, but they cool down a lot quicker than aluminum-steel pans.
- Use a cooking sheet or a cooking tray underneath your silicone mold to provide it with more stability. Silicone is very flexible.
- When using your silicone cups or trays for the first time, wash it thoroughly with soap and water.
- Do not use sharp objects to pluck out your baked goods like how we do with the traditional aluminum steel molds. Knives and forks could damage the silicone mold and leave holes in them.
- Never use direct heat on a silicone mold. If your oven uses direct heat, it is best to protect the silicone with a metal sheet or tray at the bottom. It also provides stability when baking.
The Big Learning Curve: A Disadvantage
There are a lot of good things in knowing the answer to how do you use silicone baking molds to your advantage in baking. But unfortunately, there are also some disadvantages and a big learning curve from your traditional aluminum steel pans. Not all silicone bakeware performs the same way, and they don't retain heat the same way too. The most significant difference for bakers who use the silicone baking mold is the cooking time and baking time.
Cooking time with silicone molds have to be adjusted, and some recipes need alteration. Because silicone molds come in various thicknesses and styles, heat retention and cooking time is always an issue. So, you might want to take down notes when using the silicone baking molds for the first few times.
Now that we answered the question of how do you use silicone baking molds, it's your turn to share it with friends and family. I hope that this article has added to your baking skill and knowledge. Just remember always to follow the manufacturer's instructions and recommendations when it comes to using silicone. Also, it is best to take note of the cooking time when using the silicone mold with old recipes. Happy Baking. Get more tips on using silicone molds.
February 24, 2021
By: Katie Eastaway
When it comes to the world of baking, your patisserie or cake’s taste, design, and visuals aren’t the only ones that matter.
February 19, 2021
By: Amanda Sunny
Feeling hungry but don’t have enough time to cook? Yes, you read that right. You can actually make some fun, easy, and delicious recipes in just five minutes!
February 18, 2021
By: Paul Sutton
Are you mesmerized by the cakes’ looks whenever you pass by a cake shop? For cakes, the appearance matters.
February 3, 2021
By: Pamela Hotlock
When baking, there are lots of baking pans and molders that you need to familiarize yourself with. This includes the silicone baking cups or silicone cupcake cups.
February 2, 2021
By: Amanda Sunny
Using silicone molds and bakeware can prove to be the best because it can save you a lot of time in terms of cleaning since the dough and other materials won’t stick into the silicone, unlike when you use steel bakeware and molds.