Cake-Decorating For Newbies: An Easy Guide For Aspiring Bakers
Are you mesmerized by the cakes' looks whenever you pass by a cake shop? For cakes, the appearance matters. If you are a newbie baker, though, you might be wondering, "How do you achieve cakes that look just as good as the ones being sold in stores?" You will need your imagination and creativity for cake-decorating. In this article, we will share the different ways to decorate your cake to help you out. Read on.
Frosting will serve as your cake's appearance and add to its flavor. It is essential because it will coat your cake to achieve a smooth surface. It should be thick to adhere to all the designs you want to add. It must be subtle not to overpower the other flavors.
Sprinkles are very common, most especially in baking. It is easy to find in your groceries and supermarket. It makes the cake more exciting and adds color and visual interest. But make sure not to overdo it.
Almonds will add texture to your cake. Since the cake is sweet, it may be the right balance for the flavor. Adding almonds to your cake decoration is a catch.
Chocolates are everyone's favorite. There are many ways to place them on your cake, and you have to be creative. It gives a nice flavor as well.
Use Edible Flowers
Flowers give us a good presentation. Its simple colors add to the cakes' design. There are lots of flowers that you can eat.
Use of Cake Toppers
Another unique way to decorate a cake is by using a cake topper. There are so many cake toppers available online, so you can choose which one fits best for your cake design and depending on what occasion. One of the most admirable cake topper is the shrinkable cake topper decor. You can create unique shrinkable cake toppers with the use of Grafix Shrink Film. With it, you can have your design base on the requirements of the occasions.
Tools that Are Used In Cake-Decorating
To achieve a lovely cake, we must have the necessary equipment to decorate it. Here are the following necessary tools in decorating cakes:
- Frosting Bags - These are essential when decorating cakes with frosting. It is best to use a spatula to achieve a smooth surface of the cake.
- Turntable - This is where we place the cake of decoration. Turning the cake make the decoration much more effortless.
- Cake Leveler - This is a good investment when baking cakes. For the cakes to be perfectly even, use a cake leveler.
- Cake Stencils - When using chocolate, this helps you in decorating the cake. It is available in different fancy designs. Or customize your own stencil designs with Grafix Food Safe Craft Plastic Film.
- Fondant Cutters - This helps design your cake in a very detailed way.
- Pastry Brush - This tool is universal as it can be used in many ways, like removing extra icing and adding more designs to your cake.
As we all know, baking is a challenging hobby. It has a big difference. Starting from the ingredients, the measurements, and the tools that you use, baking can be complicated. But based on what we just learned, the challenge is manageable, even when it comes to cake-decorating. All you have to do is find ways on how are you going to make your cakes look and taste good.
April 3, 2021
By: Amanda Sunny
A cookie is a small, flat, sometimes chewy, sweet treat. The aroma these cookies bring out when cooked at home is a glorious smell that brings about childhood memories and fond moments.
April 3, 2021
By: Paul Sutton
Can you put paper baking cups in the oven? There are so many types of materials that can be used as molders when we make cupcakes.
April 3, 2021
By: Carmen Dana
Recently, there has been an even stronger push than ever to go green. There are many ways to go eco-friendly and one of the easiest ways is right in your own home.