White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pistachio Buttercream dressed to impress in these black and white cupcake sleeves!
We asked Melina, a passionate baker and recipe creator of the Sugary & Buttery blog to pick her favorite Bella Cupcake Couture cupcake wrappers and create the perfect cupcake for it. We were so impressed when she created these dressed to impress White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pistachio Buttercream. Melina picked our black and white striped cupcake wrappers. They look delicious & pretty!
You'll turn a gathering into a special occasion with these beautiful cupcakes. There are so many events that these would be a perfet fit for; Weddings, Bridal Showers, Birthdays, Graduations and more. Turn up the volume at your parties with a unique cupcake dressed in cupcake sleeves that will provide Oooh's and Ahhh's from everyone.
Want to keep your theme "Green", check out our collection of Green Cupcake Wrappers and Cupcake Sleeves for a monochromatic dessert table display.
White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pistachio Buttercream
Yields 12 cupcakes. Recipe created by Melina Thompson of Sugary & Buttery
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM:
- 5 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup pistachios, finely ground
- 2 drops green food coloring
- Make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Slowly melt the white chocolate over a double boiler.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir together the milk and vanilla.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the sugar and butter on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the chocolate. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the milk mixture in 2 additions, and mix until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared cups.
- Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Make the buttercream: Beat the egg whites until foamy, add the cream of tartar. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form, then add the granulated sugar. On high speed, beat the egg whites until stiff and glossy, about 2-3 minutes.
- With the paddle attachment and the mixer on medium speed, add the butter a few tablespoons at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the powdered sugar and turn the mixer on high speed. Beat the buttercream until light and fluffy, then add the pistachios and food color and keep beating for another 1-2 minutes.
For more cupcake recipes and how to tutorials, check out our cupcake event tips section. And for more from Melina, check out her blog at Sugary & Buttery